Sunday, September 20, 2015

Peace, Love, Joy Christmas Card Layout

Today's layout is another one for the Christmas Card Book. You would think I'm really far on these things since I post so many layouts recently. But I;m not as close as I want to be. The first of three books, I only need one more layout to be complete. The second book there are about 10 more to do and the third book has more than that. Having sketches each month and sometimes weekly helps me get them done.

This layout uses a Stuck Sketches sketch to get it started. I used red and brown cardstock by Coredinations and the patterned paper is by Little Yellow Bicycle. I cut some circles using the CM cutting system in brown. The last name die cuts are by Quickutz and the 2009 is a Cricut cut from Cricut Craft Room. I tried to journal on the lower circle but I messed up and now it's hard to read. I think journalling is important but I hate my handwriting whenever I do it.

The Christmas tree in a chipboard piece that I painted gold with Adirondack paint. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a flourish embossing folder. I took a nail file to it to roughen up the look a little. The glittery chipboard swirl is by Recollections.




SB.Com-Cricut {2009 from CCR Basics
SB.Com textures
SB.Com Use your scraps {both patterned papers are scraps}

3 comments:

Mandy Melville said...

What a lovely take on the sketch! I love how you adapted it to an 8.5" x 11" layout! Love all the die-cut elements and how you included your journalling on the circle! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Unknown said...

Beautiful holiday page love the glittery and gold accent Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Jinny Newlin said...

Love the burgundy background here, and all your glittery kisses are perfect for a Christmas page! Sweet pics, too ;)! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!