Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Party Time

I wanted to announce the winner of my 6th anniversary is

Desire Fourie
Please email at grohcm at gmail dot com to claim your prize. Please do so before Sept 9th. 

Today's card uses an hourglass stamp by Deep Red Stamps which you can find it at


I stamped the image onto white Recollections cardstock. I colored it in with SU Water Color pencils. Then I die cut it out with a Dreamweaver Stencils nesting die. I thought this stamp fit perfectly with this die cut. I inked the edges with distress ink and an ink blending tool all from Ranger Industries. I decided the glass portion of this hourglass would look pretty fly with some Glossy Accents. So I put that on and set it aside.

The white background is watercolor paper by Strathmore. I wasn't sure where I was going with this card when I started it and so here's what I did; The background is a Tim Holtz stencil that I applied embossing paste by Dreamweaver Stencils to create some texture. I wasn't sure if I was going to try and distress ink the piece once I was done so watercolor paper was used just in case. 

The patterned paper in the background is by Studio Calico and the sentiment sticker is by SRM Stickers.



Outlawz- AG with greeting

7 comments:

Christina Hor said...

A beautiful card Cindy and an awesome choice of stamp too. I really like how you sponged the corner with distressed ink. It really gives that "timeless" feel to the stamp and the card as a whole. Your embossing design came out beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us and sharing this beautiful hour-glass card with us over at Outlawz Monday Greetings Cindy! I hope you'll be able to join us again next week. Have a lovely evening.

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a fantastic card I love the image you have used. Thank you for joining us this month at Not Just Cards . Hugs Jackie DT

Crafty Pearly said...

Super card. Love the colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge Blog this week. Hugs Traci DT xx
Visit me at http://craftycrested.blogspot.co.uk

CraftYourPassion said...

What a super card.Just love the subtle colours.They compliment the vintage image well.Great background texture too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

brenda said...

A lovely clean crisp and elegant creation Cindy, many thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous! Love the image. Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out's Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT

Kimbo said...

Great card, I love the colour scheme

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x