Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas Penguin Present Card

I sent in cards to the Just Cards magazine to be published and was surprised when my package was "Return to sender". I searched online and their website is up but nothing is available to purchase. I read, accuracy is unknown, the company came in and informed it's employees that they no longer had a job because they were no longer going to be publishing magazines. Bummer. 
Small tidbit on sending in cards-When I sent my cards in I would always include a return address envelope and postage so I could get my card back. If you don't do so, your card is not returned to you. I didn't know what they did with them and hated to think my cards would be thrown away. So regardless that it was a hassle and more expense to get the cards returned I still did it. My point? They sent me every card that had previously been sent in and not yet been published. They didn't have to do that. It was very nice of them to respect my wishes to have my cards returned to me. 
Thank you Just Cards magazine and RIP.
My card descriptions were typed up to read as directions in a magazine. To save on time, I copied and pasted those instructions into my blog posts and have my fingers crossed that the formats will work well together. 

Penguin Present
Start by making a green card base 4 ¼  x 5 ¼ with Recollections cardstock
Stamp a penguin by JustRite Stamps (Christmas Joy Set)
by coloring the layers with Smooch Inks (Colorbox).
Then color in the rest of the Penguin and die cut out using a Spellbinders oval die.
Die cut a rectangle with rounded ends out of green cardstock by Coredinations.
Cut a red cardstock background 2 ¾ x 3 ½  and wrap a piece of green with
red polka dots (May Arts) to the center and around to the back.
Trim down a piece of iridescent white paper (K and i) to 4 x 5 and wrap the same
ribbon down the center.
Adhere the penguin layers to the white paper and then to green card base.



Thanks for looking.


2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sorry to hear this news! Your card is adorable!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! what a shame, at least you had your beautiful card back so someone else can enjoy it.
Faith
x