Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chalk ah lot shaped card

I wasn't expecting anything to post this morning. Sorry about that. 
I made this card for the challenge over at Chalk ah Lot Cafe. The theme is shaped cards with chalk. 

For my card, the card base is from Michael's and I then die cut some scalloped circles with my Spellbinders dies and Cuttlebug. The stamp is F2286 by Stamp N plus. I colored it in with a combination of powdered chalk and paint. 

This picture isn't the best but in the center of the heart it says "I heart U". I used letter stickers some hearts from my stash. Lots of times when I go to crops I will borrow someone's punch and punch out a ton of that shape to use them later. I think the hearts are an example of that. Patterned paper by K and Co.

Another thing, when I combine my powdered chalk with paint I will stamp out a bunch of images and use up the mixture of that particular color on each image. So I will have partially painted images in my box and pull them out when I mix up a new color. I find using this technique I don't waste as much chalk. Although the powdered chalk lasts a long time. I have been using it since Jan of 2012 and have not had to reorder any. Just saying it's a good investment at a cheap price. Here is a link to the website where you can see all the colors available.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: