Saturday, September 04, 2010

I have been MIA

I don't usually use this blog for personal use just for my crafts but I have been gone for a few days and wanted to tell you why. First off I hurt my back at work in May and have been going thru manipulations and PT since. I wrote the bottom section to family and friends in a message on FB and thought I could share it here as well.
I had an appointment with the pain clinic on Wednesday for an injection in my back and that went well until later in the evening and this is the rest of it: I started leaking spinal fluid and came down with this massive headache and vomitting. I thought my head was going to explode. Called the Pain Clinic Thurs morning and they get me back in for procedure #2. They had to draw blood from my arm and inject it into the injection site from the day before. This blood would clot and create a plug so the fluid would not leak out anymore. That procedure hurt. Then I had to lay flat for 24 hours only to get up and use the restroom. So Paul packed up my stuff and whisked me away to the cottage. I woke him up all thru the night after each movie was done and had him come out and change it and help me up to use the bathroom. Now I'm home with major restrictions and hurt worse then before the PC experience. It just hasn't been going well for me. Maybe things have to get really bad before they get better. Who knows. I thought you all would like to know what happened and this saves me from making tons of calls.


PS... This only happens one in 200 people. The nurse that we had said she had been there four years and has never seen it happen. Why can't I have or beat those odds for the lotto or something good. Lol

2 comments:

Miria said...

Dear Cindy, I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you. I don't know if this can help but I'll think of you and I wish you to get better very soon. Hugs and kisses. Miria

cowboydutrem said...

Statistics are the worst thing a doctor can tell you. When you get something bad, you don't care if you're the only person in the world, you just don't want it to happen at all! Hope they'll soon find something to cure you!