Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lawn Fawn challenge

I found Lawn fawn's challenging blog and was so geeked about it I had to give it a try. I won the Lawn Fawn stamps thru (I think) Cards for Kids. Well they are the cutest little things and the quality of the actual stamps is very high. I use the Harold ABC's all the time because they are the perfect font for any occasion and are always the perfect size for what I need be it a card or a scrapbook page. So the challenge for Lawn fawn was to case one of Kelly Marie's cards. I'm not able to pull the card over to my blog like I normally am so HERE is the link to her card and then here is the card I made using her card as my inspiration. The only thing you must do is use your Lawn Fawn stamps for the challenge. Well yeah! Who wouldn't want to:)

Well the next part of this card is the striped patterned paper is by JLJ Designs. Here is a LINK to this paper pack that she sells. You will see the others awesome papers on my blog these next couple of weeks because the colors are so perfect for Valentines day and for another something I am working on. She was kind enough to donate 6-8 digital papers for my St Jude cards. Be sure to see the right side bar for the link on information on how you can get involved and send in cards for these ill children. With just a little fuss you can brighten a child's day. That's all for now. I will have a layout to share in a few hours. Hope you are sleeping well.
Best wishes
Cindy
This card also goes for the following challenges:
Lawn Fawn Challenge- Casing
My time to craft-spots and dots
Tuesday Throwdown-Valentine
Tip top Tuesday-Sentiment on the front
My tip for this card is using old products and making them new again. I'm trying to use up what I have and doing so you need to be creative or inventive. For this card the circle paper is from Provo Craft's Bitty scrap pads. They may still sell them but I know my mom and I bought all of them many years ago. I took the paper and used the Cricut to cut a circle . I then used Regal Rose pink by Stampin up with a cosmetic wedge and in a circular motion covered the entire circle. After that I used Tim Holtz distressing ink Walnut Stain along the outside of the circle using one of his blending tools to accent the edge of the circle more. I used a small Stampin Up heart stamp in the Regal Rose color but would stamp it off first and then stamp it on my circle. I used this same technique with a clear heart stamp that I don't know where it came from. And that is how my old paper became what it is today:)
Bunny Zoey crafts-Love is in the Air
Let's Ink it up-no digi's anything goes

13 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, this card is so pink! TFS =)

Unknown said...

Very cute card, great colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Claire said...

Fab card, what a cute stamp! Love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at LIIU
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, cute little sentiment, Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope we see you at Top Tip Tuesday next challenge too! Hugs Samantha :0)

Christiana said...

I love your enthusiasm for Lawnscaping! Woohoo! This card is so sweet. I love the embossing folder you used! And the pink kitty is so fun and lighthearted. Best of luck!

Lauren said...

What a super cute valentine! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Laurel Beard said...

What an adorable card you created! Any child would be thrilled to receive it and sure to bring a smile to his/her face! Love all the textures your brought to this card. Thank you so much for playing along in the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Eiglas said...

Cute card Hunni!
Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Caroljenks said...

Great card Cindy and such a cute little chap!

Thanks for joining in with us this week for our 'All Sentimental' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday and for the fab TOP TIP you have also left :)

Carol x

Ayana Posadas said...

Very adorable! I love the layout and colors of this card. You did a great job with all of the challenges!

Amy said...

Great CASE! Love the colors on your card!

Chrissie said...

Cute card!
Thanks so much for joining our Spotty and Dotty challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Lesley said...

Cute card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx