Sunday, October 06, 2013

Chalk Ah Lot Embossed card

I'm posting for the Chalk Ah Lot blog today and we have a new theme this fortnightly. 

The theme is embossing with chalk.

I did a double set of embossing on my card. Let's start with the black background. The thick cardboard is packaging from ironically an embossing folder. I embossed it with a Daricce folder and my Cuttlebug. I then mixed powdered chalk Stardust by Stamp N Plus with water and painted it onto the embossed area. It needed something so I dried it with a towel and hit with my heat gun to kind of start all over. Next layer I toned down on the water and increased the chalk. Alright...maybe. I hit it with the heat gun and went over it again with an even mix of water and chalk and let it air dry. But then I got impatient and hit it with the heat gun so I could finish my project. 

I tied this ribbon around the black base and made it into a bow. Then I matted the black onto some purple patterned paper by Recollections and adhered a Spellbinders die cut to the center of my card. My card base is purple cardstock by Bazzill that I folded at the top.

For the second type of embossing I used a flower basket stamp by Stamp N Plus that can be found HERE. I heat embossed the stamp on water color paper by Royal and Langnickel with Versa Mark and silver Stampin Up embossing powder. I very lightly mixed the powdered chalk with a tiny bit of water and painted the image in. I would dab the image with a towel if I didn't like the color and reapply the chalk in different areas. After it was how I liked it I fussy cut it out and adhered it to my card. 

No sentiment on the front which is odd for me but I think it is more appealing without something else added to it. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: