Friday, March 04, 2016

Hoot Hoot Hooray Card

It's never too early to start graduation cards. They are like wedding cards, always nice to have hanging around the house. Nobody wants to stop at the store on the way to the event and buy a card for $5-$6. Plus this guy is so cute. How can you resist him?

The black background paper has been dry embossed with a Fiskars texture plate. I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a different sandwich of plates and it worked. I matted the embossed piece to a blue patterned paper. I die cut the frames with a pink shimmery piece of cardstock by Recollections and then the inside piece I think is by October Afternoon.

To finish up I added the owl sticker by Jolee's and placed a grad cap brad on top. This was a challenge but I think it turned out awesome. The sentiment is a Cricut from the Straight from the nest cartridge.




3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hoot hoot hooray is right, it's fabulous.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Cute take on graduation....

Marilyn said...

Cute!!