Monday, January 21, 2019

Manly Monday Deep Red Stamps Big! Elephant Card

This is one of those labor of love cards. It's also a see if I could do it and make it look like I envisioned it cards.
Results-I love the way it turned out.
Start with a 5 ½ x 4 white card base (Recollections) and adhere to it white cardstock that has been embossed with a Darice embossing folder and inked with distress ink (Ranger).

Stamp African Elephant by Deep Red Stamps with Hero Arts black ink onto Strathmore watercolor cardstock. Color in with Peerless watercolors. Stamp elephant onto patterned paper (Me and My Big Ideas) to act as a mask. Cut the pieces surrounding the elephant image. Adhere those pieces around the elephant and rip the bottom edges at the grass line.
Elephant stamp is on sale at Scrapbook.com.

Before adhering the image to the card base, run vellum sentiment through a Xyron Create a Sticker (Model 150) and adhere to the left side of card. Adhere image and add letter stickers (Stickopotamus).



I know I said this above but this close up may give you a better idea of what I did. 
I cut out the paper between the legs and blended it into the stamped image by roughing up the bottom of the patterned paper and inking it with Mowed Lawn distress ink.
I traced the edges of the elephant with a black pen by Creative Memories.


Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome card...love the bkg.
:) Karen

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER strong image and and it makes a fabulous card.
Faith
x