Friday, February 24, 2023

Floral Friday Puple and Pink Daisy card


The card today is a birthday card. The patterned paper is from a 6x6 paper pad by a Hampton Arts company called Studio G. The flower stamp is on a Spellbinders die cut. 

Idk why I stamped the flower onto purple cardstock, seriously idk why. But then I used a Spellbinders die to cut it out...crooked. So it sat in my drawer until recently, before calendar season. I'm looking at it going, what do I do with this thing, which direction should the card be, why did I put foam adhesive on it and why didn't I hide the foam better? Ugh! I took a Copic marker and colored the foam adhesive purple when my hand jerked and the marker went on the die cut. Awesome. I colored the edges in the darker purple and again my hand jerked so I brought the color in toward the flower. The flower got lost on the die cut so I put Stickles in the center and I wish I wouldn't have. The card's orientation is portrait. Here are some other cards using the same stamp. Thanks for looking.The die cut in the center is a Cricut cut. It is 2 layers with the pink paper by Sunborn and the purple cardstock from my stash. Here is a fun fact about that die cut, on the back  it says, "CCR Cartridge Freebie called Labels." 
Let me dissect that lingo; CCR is "Cricut Craft Room". That was the second computer software that the Cricut company used and could be used with the archaic Cricut Expression. The word "Cartridge" should also be a giveaway that these are old die cuts because Cricut went away with cartridges when they introduced the "Explore Air". When they released the Explore Air they also created a new software called "Design Space" to take place the CCR. Sadly, Cricut still uses the same DS software that it did back then. SMH.
Anyway, below are links of cards using the same daisy stamp.

No comments: