Friday, November 25, 2011

Fabulous Friday Fun

This week I am going to show you a fun technique of folding your paper to create a point of interest or embellishment for your project.

You need:

A square piece of either a double sided piece of patterned paper
a single sided piece of patterned paper that you can stamp on the back
or a piece cardstock.

I used a piece of patterned paper on one side and cream on the other. The size I used was 2 3/4.

This first picture is the patterned side of my patterned paper.


The other side is cream and I wanted to stamp a pattern on it. Here is the stamp I used:


I flipped the stamp over so the image was facing up and pressed my ink pad to the stamp.


With my stamp full of ink I took the piece of paper and placed it on top of the stamp. Be sure to hold the paper in place with one hand and run your fingers across the back of the paper with the other hand.


Here is a picture of the first time I stamped the paper.


I need the whole piece of paper to be stamped. Ink the stamp again and line it up the best you can.


Not bad but I still need those edges stamped as well. Repeat stamping just the edges. It's not of great concern if the image doesn't line up exactly.


Next we need to fold our square. Take two edges and fold them inward to make a point.


Proceed with folding the other two ends. You can see I got some ink on the patterned paper and that will be hidden with the next folds. If not use ink to ink the edges or a distressing tool to ink the edges and make it look like you wanted it that way:)


Next we will fold the four tips back onto themselves. You can use a bone folder to do this but personally I just eyeball it.



Next thing you need to do is adhere it. I open the folds and run a tape runner along the inside of the first fold as seen below. It's hard to see but the adhesive is a bunch of little lines in a row.


Then I use a glue stick to adhere the smaller tip.


Do this to all the edges to make your square.



Then I assembled my card together by adding a cake sticker to the center of the of the folded square.


Here is my final card using the square and an embossed sentiment.


I hope you have enjoyed this fun paper folding technique to create a visual interest point to your next project. If you use this tutorial on a project, post me a link in the comments field and I will send you a prize. You must be a follower of my blog to be eligible and so I can get a hold of you.

Supplies used:
Patterned paper for square by Sunborn and for background of the card by The Paper Studio
background stamp by Anne Griffin and sentiment by Stampin Up
Ink by Versa Mark and Stampin Up
cardstock by Sunborn and The Paper Co
embossing powder by Stampendous
Sticker by Jolee's/ EK Success.

No comments: