Saturday, March 02, 2013

Scenic card for a special day

I have been playing with masking lately. I use the Inkadinkado masking paper because it works so well and comes in a compact size. This die cut is from my Cricut using the Creative Memories Holiday frames and tags cartridge. I cut out the shape and then cut out a frame around it. I then traced the outside of the shape and the inside of the frame on to masking paper then cut them out. From there I used my distressing inks (Broken China and Peeled Paint) to give the scene its outside appearance. Then I stamped THIS (M878) grass stamp multiple times along the bottom and THIS sun stamp on top in yellow. The ink I used on the sun is by Colorbox and the ink for the grass is by Close to my Heart.

The cardstock used on my card is by Recollections and Creative Memories (sand circle). The background patterned paper is from a fun pad by Die Cuts with a View called The Linen Closet pad and the scalloped edge patterned paper is by October Afternoon. I used punches by EK success for the sentiment and an embossing edge folder by Darice.  

The sentiment stamp can be found HERE and the ink used for the sentiment is by Hero Arts.
It is one I use for multiple occasions such as birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation or I use it on the insides of cards for Mother's Day, Father's Day, random holidays that don't usually get a card and some religious ceremonies. 

Check out my Manly Monday cards for other examples using this masking technique and grass stamp.

Thanks for stopping by. 


No comments: