Monday, September 29, 2014

Manly Monday Part 1


I made this boy-like card for the challenge at Kenny K's using their Boy Gamer digi stamp. I colored him in with Copic markers and then die cut the image with a Spellbinders die cut. I did paper piece his shirt from a light grey cardstock by Stampin Up. I stamped it with a patterned background stamp by Hero Arts. For the shoes I used a Faber Castell Artist pen to give them a little metallic look. I did distress the edges of the die cut because it looked way to white and clean for a boy image.

The background stamps and sentiment are stamps by Papertrey Ink. I stamped the background with Sahara Sand ink by Stampin Up onto some random kraft cardstock in my paper bin. I heat embossed the sentiment {4 times but who's counting-Ugh!} using white embossing powder by Stamp N Plus, Versa Mark by Tsukineko, and black cardstock by Recollections. The light bulb brad is by Eyelet Outlet.
EST.









Welcome back to Manly Monday. I had so many people write me back about their card I had to split it up into two posts and I did so by separating cards for the younger masculine and the older masculine cards. This post has the younger cards but some could go for both. I really enjoy doing these posts featuring your cards and I hope you enjoy reading them and checking out the masculine card inspiration. Please click on the blog title above the little snippet to be directed to the blog post.  Then when you are done please scroll down for my card.










Thanks so much for looking and the older male cards blog post will go live at 6:00 PM

Challenges:

4 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Awesome card perfect the mad male gamer. Hope you got my email. Also this would fit perfectly at crafty catx

Vickie Y said...

Cute birthday card! Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC No Designer Paper Challenge.

Kim Kelley said...

Too cute. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Ali said...

Great colouring and really great patterned paper on your card! ~ Ali