Saturday, July 18, 2015

Super Star Christmas Layout

 Here is another layout for my Christmas card book. I hope you are enjoying the layouts for a little bit here on my blog. I'll get back to cards shortly. I won't show you every layout I make for these books. I promise.

So this layout was inspired by the sketch at Stuck Sketches {see below}. I rotated it from the original way the sketch was set up and had to scale things differently because my page is 8 1/2 x 11. 

My background patterned paper is by Me and My Big Ideas and the two supporting papers are by Bo Bunny. The tag sticker on the upper left and rectangle sticker on the lower left are both by Bo Bunny. The rectangle was a "to and from" sticker with a candy on it. I cut off those two things off so the sticker would match the layout. The glitter letters are by Making Memories. 

The gold stars are from my MIL sewing stash. When she went into a home many boxes came to live with us. These two sizes of stars and silver too were quickly stashed away for later use. I ironed them onto my layout. I love to recycle like that.





Original sketch

I rotated it

http://doodleartifacts.blogspot.com/ AG {recycled star patches}
http://kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com/ 3 different patterned papers

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the vintage look papers you used and the gold stars are awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories.

Amy Cohen said...

Lovely sketch! You did an awesome job!! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Michele said...

this is a gorgeous layout. thank you for linking up to the doodle artifacts "anything goes but must recycle" challenge! thank you for playing along. xo from michele, july guest artist

Joefil said...

Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us @ Stuck?!Sketches!

Beatrice Lawson said...

I love that you recycle items for your layouts - it's both creative and efficient:-) Great take on the three patterned papers challenge. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Unknown said...

Fabulous cake on the sketch Thank you for joining us at Stuck Sketches?!

Aurelie said...

Love the sparkles! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute page ) Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories
Tina
LMDT

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Cindy, this is a beautiful piece, I love the photo and the wonderful recycled gold stars. Thank you for sharing this in our July challenge at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent and look forward to seeing more of your lovely work.
:) Chris / CS Designs