Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Inked Background Layout

Still working on my Christmas card scrapbook. I'm into 2013 with this family so I'm getting closer. The background paper was white with all these snowflakes heat embossed on it. I brought in distress ink color Fired Brick slowly and carefully in order to achieve the darker edges and lighter center. Then I sprayed the paper with water mixed with Perfect Pearls. I know it's two guys and guys don't like sparkle but it's my book and I like sparkle.

The rest of the layout follows a sketch at Stick it down, see below. The polka dot and green word patterned paper is by Die Cuts with a View. The red cardstock in back is by Coredinations and the green paper matted behind the photo is an old journal box from Creative Memories. To finish, the washi tape down the left side is by Darice, the border sticker with snowflakes is by K and Co and the 2013 is cut from my Cricut Art Philospohy cartridge.




Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! Fun photo! Thanks for sharing with us at Stick it Down (www.mandiencolores.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Lovely scrapbook page! Love the emboss resist snowflakes...Thanks for playing along with us at Stick-It-Down!

Colleen said...

Fun page. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. I'm so envious of your inking and embossing talents. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

Marci said...

What a nice way to use the sketch and remind us of holiday time! Thanks for joining us at STICK IT DOWN!

Sharlene said...

Great page. Love the wintery papers and they blended together well. Thank you for playing along with us at Stick it Down,

Katy said...

Awesome layout! That is so cool that you are making a Christmas card album. I like to scrap our Christmas cards too-so I always have to make sure I pull on in case we run out. :) Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

Cherished said...

Amazing job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at SID.