Sunday, April 28, 2019

Deep Red Stamps ATC Mixed Media Framed decoration for Paul

My husband’s birthday is today and I wanted to share what I made for him...last year. I enjoyed making it because it shows all of the different aspects that make him well, him. I used Deep Red Stamps, distress inks, alphabet journal cards by Colorbox, brads by Eyelet Outlet, Around the Block and The Paper Studio. 
All the Atc's use the Brick Wall background stamp with distress ink. I’ve done this distressed look with the brick stamp on this set of Valentine ATC’s.

This first card represents how he likes to hunt, fish and camp. Here are the Deer Stamp and a few other cards using this stamp, Buck Card and Buck card #2

Paul is a physics teacher and he wears a tie most days. The Quantum Background Stamp is perfect for this card. I used this background stamp on this Graduation card.

He likes to work in his barn on cars and drink beer with his friends. Beer and power tool are buttons. Here are the Chevelle Stamp and some other cards using the stamp Chevelle card and Chevelle Card #2

This card represents the four seasons. It is something that he cherishes about Michigan. (Brads-Orange flower for spring, sun for summer, leaf for fall and snowflake for winter). Here is the Leaves Stamp I used on this card.

With the cards all lined up in a row, I dislike the placement of the P because it doesn't line up with the other letters. Unfortunately, it was the only one left in the set.

I backed the cards with Creative Memories cardstock and some random patterned paper.



The frame for my decoration hung in my mother’s house my whole life. The irony, I never knew the man in the frame whereas I’ve known my husband more than half my life. I dabbed the frame with Colorbox pigment ink and poured Gilded Ivory embossing powder by The Powder Keg over it and heat it with my heat gun. It took a lot of coats of embossing powder to cover it. Sometimes I would let it bubble up from too much heat too see what it would look like.


Here is the finished project in the sunlight.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: