Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Painting for Surprise Loose Change Scrapbook Calendar Layout



I really like this layout. I used scraps of paper to create the background which matches the outside of our cottage.
 Then I cut out the super cute bucket and paint brush with my Cricut 
The surprise label is by The Paper Loft. I never thought I would use it but kept it around, “just in case.”  It has been in my stash for 10 years if not longer. I think it was 2009 that my mom and I went to Novi, Michigan for the scrapbook convention where we took classes. The different companies would give you the supplies to make layouts for us to put together while they teach us different techniques to go with the layouts. 

It was there that I took class from the famous Tim Holtz. It was more way more expensive but was worth every penny. 
He gave us so much information and had so much positivity. Just a really good educational class that I use those techniques over and over again. 

It was cool how we were made to sit by somebody that you didn’t know. Talk about vulnerable. But it was a really good idea. You could learn from the class and not socialize with your friends during class.
It really takes you out of your comfort zone being with the people that you don’t know. 

 Everyone was in groups of three except for myself and the other lady I was with. That worked to our advantage. You see, at the end of the class he told us to divide up the distress ink pads that we had been using in our group. It was evenly divided as you would take turns choosing which distress inks that you would like to keep. Everyone else had to divide their pads by three and my lady and I divided ours by two. And we exchanged well as in she took colors that I didn’t want. I thought it was really cool
that we got to keep the
Thanks for looking

No comments: