Monday, April 10, 2023

Manly Monday Buck die cut with a tag and some upcycling

The background paper is a wood pattern from the The Paper Studio Dendrology paper pad. The tag is by Basic Grey and the brad is from my stash. The birthday sentiment is by Stampin Up. I ripped the edges because they were uneven and it wasn’t worth my time to clean them up. 
So, I had die cut a different buck die cut out of the tag. I thought that the buck would look good in the tag’s patterned paper. Well, it didn’t. 
 I could not let the tag go into the trash/recycle bin so I needed to cover up the mess. I die cut the Spellbinders Label 4 out of a wallpaper sample. I die cut a buck head that was different and smaller than the original and then I adhered them together with Ranger Medium Matte. 

The label die didn’t cover the hole in the tag so I used the previous mistake/flaw to my advantage. I positioned the bottom of  the label die cut into the bottom of the tag which was the antlers of the original buck die cut.
In hindsight, I should have taken a picture of the tag before putting everything together because in 5 years I won’t understand what all of this means. Maybe. Thanks for looking.

No comments: