Friday, February 23, 2024

Floral Friday Pink Flowers Destash Card


This card used up most of my small pink flowers. I will probably regret that in the future but there are other pink flower accents that I can make. 

When I started placing the flowers on the card I didn’t know where I was going with it. I just went for it and glued them down and added Stickles to the center. That wasn’t the best decision. I should have made the pattern then glued the flowers down. I thought:

Oh well, I liked the top better than the bottom.

 It was the bottom and so I was OK with it. 

The top is cleaner than the bottom. 

Nobody will see the bottom. Ya right!

I found the tiny plate with letter die cuts and cut out “Thirty 1993” for my Niece’s 30th birthday. I adhered the letters around a rhinestone cluster that I found in my stash. 

I had to cut off the edges of the front panel to fit on my card base. It wasn’t until then that I realized…I glued the letters on upside down.
I was crushed. I tried to take the letters off. Nope. Removing the letters was destroying the flowers, which I only had 2-3 flowers left.

Looking at it now, it’s no big deal. You can hardly tell or see what I’m talking about. But...You see this flower front panel had been sitting on my desk for weeks. I looked at it all of time. I was working to figure out the best way to finish it. I couldn't get just any sentiment to look "right". 

So when I found the alphabet plate I knew just what to do with it. I was excited to use it for the special occasion. But then to have so much into it to trip at the finish line...irritating. 

I have to remind myself that,

It’s handmade. Not Ha11m@rk.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: