Friday, September 13, 2024

Floral Friday Oxide background Poinsettia Christmas



I made this card for Craft Roulette #206. The parameters were: Project-card with a heart (the word heart is in the sentiment). Colors-vintage (I think it looks vintage). Element-plant (pontisettia). Random- lace in the base (there’s lace on the card base.).

 I started by stamping a bunch of panels with the poinsettia in the center and the sprigs in the corners. I colored this one with Copic markers but hated it so I heat embossed another one on watercolor paper and colored it in with watercolors. I dislike this one too. But due to time constraints, I had to go with it. 

So what is it that I don’t like about the new flower? There's no definition that the flower has petals. There’s no dimension. When you have different shades of colors added you can look as though one petal is under another. 

Anyway, I created the background with distress oxide and spritzed it with water. Then I added pre-adhesive lace to make it look like a present.
CS-Hobby Lobby
Watercolor CS- Tim Holtz
Distress Oxides
Stamps-Stampendous
Copics and Zig markers
Lace-Recollections

Thanks for looking. HAGD! 

No comments: