Monday, March 19, 2012

Manly Monday


Funny thing about posting to your blog-you have to take the pictures off your camera. Who would have thought?
This week I used wrapping paper and Mod Podge to create my card. I crippled the paper because it already had creases in the middle of the map and then smoothed it back out using the MP. The label is from Martha Stewart and the rub on by The Paper Studio. Cardstock be Recollections.

PS My husband didn't think the ribbon was very manly but I chose to post it anyway.
Thanks for looking



Challenges:
scrapitgirl-Going green by recycling (wrapping paper)



12 comments:

Tameko said...

Unique card design!

ellen vargo designs said...

Lovely manly card, and I like the way you used MP with the map for your background. I love maps! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Ellen :)

Becky B. said...

Terrific manly card...I love maps and using leftover wrapping paper is a great idea! :) Thanks for joining Scrap-It-Girl's "Go Green" March challenge!!

Shelby said...

Too cool and very creative and unique! Wonderful guy card and what do men know about ribbons anyways:)!!

Shelby

Teresa said...

Fabulous card, Thanks for sharing with us at Here Come The Boys DIY challenge. Hugs Teresa xx

Poppet said...

Great card Cindy, the map looks fab and the blue in the ribbon is reminiscent of the ocean.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Karen Petitt said...

This is gorgeous, it needs the ribbon, I don't think it would look right without it! hugs Karen

Unknown said...

Great card! I really love how you used the wrapping paper with Mod Podge! It looks fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap It Girl!

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

Great idea using your wrapping paper. love it.. thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl

Anonymous said...

A really fab idea using wrapping paper, I very often find glitter ones I like to use! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

Janet said...

definitely masculine....I love the idea of using the map. Thanks for joining us over at Crafting When We can. Janet, DT

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

LOVE what you did! Thanks for entering Scrap It Girl's Go Green Challenge!