Sunday, November 09, 2014

Stenciled Background with Chalk Birthday Card

Today is my friend's birthday and so is the new challenge over at Chalk Ah Lot is Birthday with chalk. *See her 40th birthday shaker card in yesterday's post.*

 I made this card using a stencil by The Crafter's Workshop with Ranger distress ink and Stamp N Plus Stardust powdered chalk mixed with paint. I inked the stencil with a few shades of distress ink and then went back over the same area with a chalk mixture. It has a beautiful shimmer to it that the picture doesn't show. See the Chalk Ah Lot post for a photo tutorial on the making of my background.

The rest of my card is simple. I cut it on a diagonal to have a space to stamp the sentiment which is by Just Rite Stamps stamped in black Hero Arts ink. The flower is very old by Prima and the rhinestone by The Paper Studio. 

Thanks for looking.

No comments: