Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Chilly Days Card

This card kind of makes me giggle because the background in this photo is beautiful and sunny unlike the card's title. 

The background is blue cardstock by Recollections and has been dry embossed with a Provo Craft folder. I inked the raised areas of the embossing with distress ink but I wasn't very happy with that look so I didn't continue throughout the background. The green cardstock is by Stampin Up and the blue on top of the green is by Bazzill. 

The snowman stamp by Paper Smooches was stamped with black Versa Color ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored him in with powdered chalk mixed with paint. I die cut the image out with a Spellbinders die and inked the inside of the die cut with distress ink and an ink blending tool. I matted a lighter green scallop die cut behind the image before adhering it to the card base and finished by adding the sentiment sticker (Sticko/EK Success) as shown. 


Thanks for looking.