Sunday, February 26, 2017

Lawn Fawn Owls

These cute little owl stamps are by Lawn Fawn. I stamped them with brown Stampin Up ink and colored them in with SU colored pencils. I borrowed a branch stamp by Newton's Nook for the owl to sit on. After I colored the two images in, I stamped masks for each with Inkadinkado masking paper. Love that stuff. I covered the stamps with the masks and inked the area around the images with blue distress ink using an ink blending tool. I removed the masks and let them dry for a while before the next steps.

I used a different Lawn Fawn stamp set for the grass. I stamped it with two different shades of greens to make the grass look fuller and longer. I stamped part of the tree background stamp by Hero Arts with the same brown ink as the others to the side. I wasn't sure where I was going with these cards, which explains the tree stamp thickness and location. I finished the cards with one of two sentiments by Clearly Besotted.

I think they turned out cute. I have a ton of owls left over so you may be seeing them again soon in a different environment. 




Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute cards!!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

lovely cards

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the wood effect with the owl on the branch, clever combination. Great cards.
Faith
x
PS Thanks again xx