Friday, April 26, 2024

Floral Friday Alcohol Inks and Sunflower Card



I made this background with alcohol inks.This lovely sunflower found its way onto my desk and it matched the paper just beautifully. I added Stickles to random areas of the flower to give it some sparkle. I had some rub ons of a straight stitch in the yellow-orange color.
 The last thing I did was glue on the “happy” sentiment die cut by Clearly Besotted and when I was doing that the glue got all over the letters. To fix it, I brushed gold Perfect Pearls over the letters.
The flower stamp is by Stampendous. They went out of business in September of 2022, Please correct me if I’m wrong. 
Why is this important? I’m going to tell you. I purchased the dies  because they were less than a dollar. I was going to look around for the matching stamps. It never occurred to me that the company would go out of business and I wouldn’t be able to get them anymore. Having the dies was a bit pointless until a friend shared with me to color copy the images on the package to use with the dies. I didn’t know you could do that after the company went out of business. Kick butt!
Thanks for looking.

No comments: