Monday, April 14, 2014

Manly Monday Deep Red Stamps T-Rex

I have a new batch of guy cards for you to look at.

HELP PLEASE: I was wondering if anyone out there using Blogger knows how to change the settings of my/a blog so when someone clicks on the link to the featured blogs below it opens in a new window instead of taking you to that blog and away from my blog? I find the way I have it kind of annoying because you want to get back to my blog with the rest of the featured blogs but you have to click here, click there, everywhere a click click. LMK so I can make it easier for you all to see the guy cards that I have picked for this week. 









Thanks ladies for letting me feature yous card today on Manly Monday. If you ever want to get more inspiration maybe from past Manly Monday's, search the words Manly Monday with a space in between the two words and it will bring them all up for you. I must say I love that feature.


My card today features a dinosaur stamp by Deep Red Stamps. You can find this Raptor Dinosaur stamp at Scrapbook.com


I stamped the image onto white cardstock with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it in forest green by Stampendous. I matted the dino onto a piece of green patterned paper by Sunborn and placed a piece of ribbon at the top right corner. And then it sat on my pile of "to be done" for probably 6 weeks or more. Then I went to the Grand Rapids Public Museum where the main exhibit was....dinosaurs. Inspired by that exhibit I came home and thought this is way to clean with the white background of the image and a white card base. We need to make things dirty like the world probably was back then. In comes my Pumice Stone distress ink and an ink blender tool both by Ranger Industries. 

I cut some dino foot prints out of Bazzill cardstock using my Cricut and the Ultimate Creative Series Sampler cartridge. I inked them up too. The sentiment cardstock is by Stampin Up and is one I made up and typed out on my computer. I plan on this being a birthday card because the 

inside of the card says :
"To being a fossil. 
Happy Birthday."

The last thing I did to finish this card was to place a zig zag rub-on onto the ribbon. It makes me think of the dinosaurs teeth. 

Thanks so much for looking.





Challenges:
http://thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.com/ All creatures great or small
http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com-T for Typed up sentiment

22 comments:

Lisa said...

Your card is so absolutely adorable!! I love the dinosaur feet!! The sentiment is so fun!! Thanks so much for including my card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

great card Cindy!!! the sentiment on this card is great, and I love the Dinosaur feet!!! about your query... I'm not sure if blogger settings can be changed, but what I do is right click with the mouse on the link and click on Open link in a new tab... so your blog still remains open in a different tab! thank you so much for joining us in our Embossing challenge at Sentimental Sundays !
Mirella DK
DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

Kathyk said...

Go in to blogger SETTINGS and select POSTS AND COMMENTS, scroll down till you find COMMENT LOCATION and ensure that POP UP WINDOW is selected. Don't forget to save settings

GOOD LUCK

Kathyk

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Very cute Cindy! Love that dinosaur. Very creative!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at The Squirrel and The Fox!! Hope to see you again next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Jane Willis said...

When you add the link, in the pop up box where you insert it, there should be two boxes underneath, one saying "open link in new window" and the other saying something like "Add no follow attribute". Make sure the "open link in new window" box it ticked. You can edit it into old posts by opening the post to edit and then click on the text for the link, and choosing "change" from the menu that pops up.

I'd written a long post about how to edit the HTML if you are using an older version of Blogger, but I'm being told that HTML tags in comments aren't accepted so I'll have to try to finds another way of contacting you

Anne Temple said...

What a great card for a guy. Love the dinosaur footprints too. (Jane above is correct about to have the links open in a different window - always check to make sure the little box is checked because sometimes it decides to uncheck itself :-). ) So glad you shared your project with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

DonnaMundinger said...

Too funny! I've got to remember that sentiment. Love the dinosaur and tracks and for sure that zigzag ribbon reminds me of teeth. Very creative! Thanks so much for joining our very first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Sue said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT

Leanne said...

Awesome job love dinos....great job. Thanks for playing our challenge at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog!

Leanne DT@LTS

Laurian said...

Fabulous job with the dinosaur and love the sentiment!
Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams

OlgaB said...

This is sweet and your sentiment gave me a chuckle. My boy would love this one. Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge.
Happy Easter & hugs from Africa
Olga DT G'nS

Mrs.B said...

This is such a fabulous image! Love the addition of the dinosaurs feet with that sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Unknown said...

such a brilliant idea for a Male card love your dinosaur

thank you so much for sharing with us at the Ditzie Digi Desgins Challenge

Hugs kerrie x
DDD DT

Kathy Bradley said...

What a fun and adorable card and the outside/inside sentiment made me laugh out loud. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

Stampsnob. said...

Great card Thanks for sharing at MFP.....Lis

verybellemakes said...

Great embossing - perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sunday Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Rachael said...

what a fun sentiment to go with this card - I love it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays x

Debbie Pamment said...

10 years ago I would have had to CASE this for my son - shame he's past the dinosaur obsession and into cars now!!!! LOVE it!
Thanx so much for joining us in our very first challenge at Aurora Wings.
xXx

stampingbowd said...

Great card! Love the foot prints! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing my card (sorry I'm almost a week late getting here though!) I'm loving all this masculine inspiration and your card is fab! My nephew loves dinosaurs so he would adore this one!

To get your link to open in a new window you have to make sure the wee box is ticked when you are linking your text or image, just below where you paste the link location you should see the wee box. I hope that helps!

Sheena (Sshhh... Creations!)
xxx

Unknown said...

Super card, thank you for join us this month at Dragonfly dreams. Hugs Tania (DT) xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper