Monday, April 11, 2022

Manly Monday Sewn Banner birthday cards


Cindy Cre8iveCindy

The patterned paper of the blue card with screw heads is by Adorn It. The pennants are Hero Arts stamps and I stamped the Close to my Heart alphabet letters on top of each. I use my sewing machine to connect the penanent across the top with blue thread. The birthday die cut is by Papertrey Ink. Problem with doing these banners on a card is that they end up being five and 3/ fours x 4 instead of my usual 5 1/2 x 4. So I have to make a new card base for them which is something I’m not used to doing. I buy my card bases from Michael’s they come with the envelopes and although they are thin and not the larger pound cardstock they are convenient. Also, I don’t like to make my own card bases. The cutting, scoring is not the greatest on my wrist, then you have color choices, and then you have to buy envelopes. Nah. I’ll buy the pre-made. As a matter of fact, I was running out of white cards so I purchased enough packs to get free shipping from Hobby Lobby. Well Hobby Lobby cards are size 4.25 x 5.5 and Michael’s card size is 4 x 5.5. I should write a post it note on my computer to be reminded.

I’m entering the Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday challenge.

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

That's something I have tried once, never again to sewing cards. Well done you on achieving such a great result Cindy.
Faith x