Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sassy Studio Designs Sketch with Elsa

This is for the Thursday night challenge at Sassy Studio Designs the Thursday challenge  is
This I colored in Elsa Queen Coronation Sassy with Copic markers and some colored pencils by Stampin Up. 


I always have a problem coloring her hair. I think of the hair color as a white almost grey like this picture:


but then in a different light it looks like a light blonde like this picture:


Here she is in her coronation dress:


and in this dress I don't know which I see more of-white or blonde. Either way I'm not impressed with the way I colored her hair and so I'll call it, "a work in progress".

For the rest of my card I used the Creative Memories cutting system to die cut the image into an oval. The patterned papers are by My Mind's Eye and Memories in the Making. The card base has a glittery finish (David Tutera) and funny thing-I taped the pieces of the card on upside down. Ugh! The embossing folder is by Darice and I inked the edges with Evergreen Bough distress ink (Ranger). The sentiment is a download from Heidi Swapp and I stuck with a generic sentiment to make this card any occasion needed say for a birthday card, go job card or even a happy holidays card. To finish up the snowflakes are a mix of K and Co stickers and some snowflakes are a Marvy punch.

Thanks for looking.

Copic colors I used:
Cape-V04, RV17 and Faber Castell colored pencil #125
Hair-C00, C01, Y000, W0
Dress-BG18, BG34, BG11, a Stampin Up colored pencil and Faber Castell #162
Gloves-BG34, BG11, Faber Castell #162
Top of dress-C5, C3, C7
Lips-R85
Eyes-B00, B02, B04
The gold highlights come from a gold Wink of Stella pen

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card!! I think you did a great job coloring it

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Nothing to berate yourself about this card, it is WONDERFUL.