Monday, February 22, 2016

Manly Monday Chess Edition

I made this card for my nephew who likes to play chess. I die cut the pieces from Cricut freebie cut called Chess Pieces in black and grey Provo Craft cardstock. The background paper is by Me and My Big Ideas and that is covered in the middle with black cardstock by Recollections. 

The tags are vellum by The Paper Studio that I cut with a Sizzix die. The die was too long so I cut off the bottom. Then for the rest of the tags to match the first one I placed the new vellum piece onto the die and used the negative of the first cut on top. This gave me the chance to line upthe new and old and enabled me to get the same cut. (*fingers crossed*). This lining up the papers is easier to do when you can see right through the paper. I did take the negative piece out once it was lineup and ran the new vellum through the Cuttlebug. I felt lucky that it worked. After three tags were cut, I ran the vellum tags through the Xyron and placed them onto the black cardstock. I made the black cardstock a little bit shorter then the tags so the checkered patterned wasn't lost.

The brads are by We R Memory Keepers and the sentiment sticker is by Simple Stories.



I hope you like today's card. See you tomorrow,.