Monday, June 29, 2020

Manly Monday Tools for Dad Card

My husband and I made a choice well before we were married not to have children. 
We still give each other a card and sometimes a gift on Mother's and Father's Day and sign it from the dog. This is the card I gave him this year.

The only stamps in this card are an old set of Sizzix alphabet stamps for the sentiment.
White pigment ink by Stampin Up to spell out "Dad"
I fussy cut it out to fit in the spot where I accidentally had a drop of glue 

I cut this pattern using my Cricut. 
I can't remember if I created the background or if it was an SVG file or what. 
I have all of the positive tools to use on cards and scrapbook layouts.
(I may have cut them out for a calendar layout making a new deck at our cottage. 
See pictures below of the massive tree that fell on our deck during the tornados in 2018.)

I went into my small scrap box and was excited to find 2 different types of silver paper. 
One of them is by Creative Memories and I'm not sure about the other.
Example of the difference in the two silver papers:
The saw with the orange handle is the CM paper 
and
 the wrench to its left is the other silver paper.





I'm going to enter this card into 


Thanks for looking


This picture just shows a before the tornados:


and this is after the tornados


And this is now,


Tornado


After


Tornado


After

Good Times! Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An excellent card Cindy, that took some planning and cutting. As for your before and after photos? How awful that beautiful tree came down and caused such damage. However your after shows a beautiful result.
Take care
Faith x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm back! I hadn't realised I didn't add TMR comment. Your card is excellent and as I said before this took some planning. Excellent work. Thank you so much for joining us in our Use Die Cuts challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith DT The Male Room

Faith my blog

Sari / Granne said...

Perfect male card and love the repeated tools. Thank you for joining us in our Use Die Cuts -challenge at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge that starts tomorrow.

Lady Joyful said...

This is a fantastic design! Perfect for a father's day card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Wickcliss said...

Lots of planning and detail on your card. Love the colours too, and I like how the card represented what was happening in real life. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Hope to see you again. Thanks,Clarissa DT.