Sunday, June 05, 2022

4 Little Hedgehogs Sitting on a Card

I'm entering my Hedgehog cards into the following Challenges:

The hedgehog stamp is from Close to my Heart and I colored them in with different color combos of Copic markers. 

The blue card was made with scraps of blue cardstock behind the image. I inked the "sky" with distress ink. The sentiment was made with my Cricut pens and on the inside, it says “Here comes another birthday.”

The pink card has the same sentiment as the blue one but it’s on vellum. The pink patterned paper is a recycled store-bought card.

This next hedgehog image looks like a late birthday card because of the way the hedgehog has his head hanging down.

First I'm going to talk about the brown card on the right. The patterned paper is by Creative Memories. I bought the die behind the hedgehog off of eBay. The border punch by Fiskars and I like how nice the white tone-on-tone looks. The sentiment stamp is an oldie by Bo Bunny. I curved the stamp inside my MISTI to follow the shape of the hand-cut hedgehog stamps.

For the yellow card, the background is a Project Life card. Then I die cut the same Spellbinder label die in different shades of yellow and then dry embossed them with embossing folders by Gina Marie, Sizzix, Cuttlebug, and Darice. I put distress ink and Oxide on some of them and on the bottom die cut I used a white gel pen to accent the bird. I used the same sentiment as the brown card.

I have two more things.
The picture below shows the same design idea of using the small dies in your stash to make a pattern.
Lastly, I wanted to show that the store-bought card was big enough to make two cards. See the next pictures.
 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful set of cards - love that hedgie image, and the warious colours and sentiments make this a fabulous set
Blessings
Maxine

Jana Forrest said...

Cindy these are wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Maria Valente said...

Lovely cards! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.

Aunty Sue said...

Do cute and great selection of cards thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz