Thursday, July 30, 2020

Lawn Fawn Mermaid Cards

I used stamps by Mermaid stamps by Lawn Fawn and the Fintastic set and colored them in with Copic markers
Inks by Memento, Hero Arts and Distress ink
The sentiment stamps are by Lawn Fawn Fintastic stamp set
Dry embossing folders by Cuttlebug
The die-cuts are by Memento, Lawn Fawn n and eBay
Border punch by EK Success
I used old school folders, fun foam and a bunch of scraps for some of the waves
The shell eyelets are by Eyelet Outlet
I also used alcohol inks, a sunray stencill and unknown die cuts for the sentiments




This is a close up of the background. It is a Thank You Hero Arts background stamp stamped with silver pigment ink.
I created the sun rays with a Tim Holtz stencil on top of the background with Distress Oxide.





The next two pictures show the backgrounds that were both made with alcohol inks and dry embossed with the same folder. However, the one was inked with distress ink and distress oxide and the other one wasn't. Interesting comparison.



The Copic marker coloring is not very good for me. I have a hard time coloring these little merpeople. Idk what it is about them. I looked at Pinterest to get ideas and see how others are coloring them and still, I'm not happy with how they turned out. Oh well.

I really don't think the recipient will say, "This mermaid is colored crap." 

And if they do, LOL, I won't know. 

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Awesome cards! Loving how you did all of the backgrounds!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful set of cards, LOVE them.
Faith x