Monday, November 16, 2020

Manly Monday Blue with Red Flames Card

This is the last of the star with red flames that I can find.
Every boy in my family is probably singing Hallahuah!

Back story. I made 20 or more birthday invitations for one of my nephews 
His mother never sent them out. 
Fast forward, His parents got a divorce and a new mother in the house needs a round of applause 👏

Luckily and very nice of her to think of this,
She asked me if I wanted the invitations back to use them for something else.
The invitations were just sitting at their house and she was going to throw them away.
I’ve made them into birthday cards and have been giving one to each little boy in our families.

The flame is a foam stamp with no name
The red paint is called Happy Huey by Jillibean Soup
The star is a Creative Memories punch. 
I had sprayed it with different colors of Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)
The blue dry embossed (Cuttlebug/Provo Craft) was also sprayed with Glimmer mist too 
I was checking to see which ones still sprayed the mist and not many had a nice spray like hairspray. I'm not fond of the plops of ink. Personal preference
The sentiment at the bottom is a sticker by Three Bugs in a Rug.
I think the sentiment will make it harder to find someone to give it to.
We'll see.


Thanks for stopping by to check out today's Manly Monday card.
I have mixed feelings when my card isn't for an adult man for this post on my masculine themed day 
The last few posts have been more for boys or teens...anyway.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I love this card, I love the sentiment, and what a GREAT backstory!! :) TYFS ~ Ali

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great to repurpose and Kudos to your SiL for allowing you to do so. Love the blue and red, a GREAT card Cindy.
Faith x