Sunday, July 18, 2021

Pool Pictures in Arizona 2011 Scrapbook Layout


I wanted to do a more creative layout that used some mixed media for my nephew's scrapbook because the layouts were all looking the same. Spice it up a little bit. 

So, I used embossing paste and a stencil for the waves at the bottom. See my reaction below the photos.

The stencil is by The Crafters Workshop.
Embossing paste by Dreamweaver Stencils.
The colored powder, called Fx Metalic powder was used to make the paste green and blue.

The alphabet stamps are by Close to my Heart.

The vellum sentiment on the net is from Creative Memories.

The Cricut cuts:
>Large volleyball net
>Arizona
>Shorts (draw and cut)
and 
>Goggles

The patterned paper is by Colorbok


Here's the background that I made. I hate it. I didn't use the powder correctly.
 It's ugly but I used it because of all the time and effort I put into it.


To lessen the ugly background, I covered it with some die cuts. I love the die-cuts because they are so cute and appropriate but that made the layout too busy.




Here's the other side of the pool layout. It doesn't match at all and maybe that plays a part in why I dislike the pool page.
Some of the patterned paper is by Stampin Up.
The fireplace in the corner is a stamp (?) that I colored in with colored pencils.



I have to include my quote, 

"It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be done" 
Cindy Groh


Here is a link to my 2010 Arizona scrapbook layouts:

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute layout!
Have a great day!
Marilyn💖

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sorry to disagree with you Cindy, but I love the page and the added waves. Love the sentiment also with the great piccies.
Faith x