Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Up cycling Grandma's card

When we would visit Grandma in Detroit she would give me all of the cards she had received. Including my own.

She would have been 101 today. She passed from Covid last October. She once told me that she just wanted to make it 100 and she did. Such a sweet lady and I got to spend 4 days with her in 2017. I learned a lot. She even let me tape her talking. Idt if any family members know that I have those recordings. That's what makes them even dearer to my heart.

This card was easy to alter. All I had to do was change the sentiment.



The brads are the type with the ability to put ribbon or in this case, I did lace through them.

Here's a picture of those brads.



Thank you for looking


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How wonderful for your Grandma to reach 100, she must have been a special lady and the fact you have her talking is so precious. Great recycling of your card Cindy.
Faith x