Friday, April 02, 2021

Easter basket cards

For today's three cards, I used the same basket stamp from a dollar basket at Michael’s (no pun intended). I colored it in with colored pencils and Copic markers. I inked the edges with yellow distress ink. And then adhered it to the card with a piece of foam in order to be the height of the chipboard corner pieces that are by Making Memories. The patterned paper is by Scrap Happy.

The second card, the die cut is by Sizzix with ribbon by Offray weaved thru the holes on the scallop edges of the oval scallop die-cut to create this image. Something different for me but kind of cute. The patterned paper is by Doodlebug.
For the third card, I used patterned paper by Imaginisice and a border sticker by Doodlebug. Besides the cardstock from my stash, that’s all for this card.
I included this picture of all three cards made with the same stamp. The comparison is interesting to see the different looks you can achieve with the same stamp.
Quick side note on card bases: I’m disappointed in the card stock used on the third's card base. The card will not stay standing up. It just slides open.
I hate to say it and pay for it but it’s time to invest in a heavier weight card stock for my horizontal card bases.

Thanks for looking

UPDATED 3-27-22: FONT SIZE AND SPACING, A FEW GRAMMAR CORRECTIONS

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Their all lovely Cindy, beautiful designs and papers. As for the sliding open, I find no matter what card I use the card slips open, even hammered card which is really thick opens, I only make side opening cards because of this.
Faith x