Saturday, April 24, 2021

So blessed Fall colors Card

Today I have a fall-type card. This card just didn't make it to the blog in the fall. So here it is now. 😀

The kraft cardstock background has been stamped with a canvas background stamp by Stampin Up using yellow-colored Distress Oxide. I'm not a huge fan of distress oxides. However, the color and type of ink were just what I needed for the background.

The sentiment is by Close to my Heart. I put a dimensional adhesive square under the sentiment in the center. The whole piece of the sentiment was too long for the orange paper and I didn't want to cut it because the yellow mat around the sentiment had equal edges...well equal enough for me

Next, I had left-over yellow leaves that were cut with my Cricut and I tried the best I could to tone down those bright yellow leaves with 2 different distress oxide ink. MEH. Good enough because the yellow in the leaves blend well with the sentiment's yellow mat.

The oak leaves are from a Creative Memories punch.



I like the card. It's pretty. 
I'm glad I was able to use the oxide inks and come out with a positive experience.
Side Note:
This sentiment by Close to my Heart was stamped at a crop 14 or more years ago. I'm finally making them into cards. If I can find them, I will post links to other cards using the stamps in this set.

Thanks for looking

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is beautiful Cindy, love the leaves and the beautiful Autumn colours.
Faith x