Saturday, October 02, 2021

World Cardmaking Day with an inspirational quote

This quote has inspired me to send out my lovely cards to others.

Sending a card is a sign of  love with a hope behind it that the recipient will hold that card and for that moment the card will make it better because someone cared a whole awful lot.


I want to share this text message between a friend and I. I asked her what she was doing today and she told me. Then she asked me the same question.


Sending a card to someone is a great way of letting a person know that you thought of them enough to go through all of the steps it takes to mail a card. You know, make the card or pick one out of your stash that will match that person. Stamp a sentiment on the inside. Find an envelope then find their address- both of which can be a challenge. (Our family moves a lot. When I add their addresses into my book, I use pencil and a light hand.) Moving on, gn the card and continue by writing the address on the envelope. Find tape for the back closure-no more licking the envelope shut. Finish up with the return address label that matches the season and a stamp. Walk or run if you’re trying to beat the mail lady, to put the card in the mailbox with a final flip of the flag up saying it’s ready for pick up and There’s a lot that goes into sending a card…but it is worth it.
 True story, 
 I needed a card to go out that day in order for it to be on time. I’m running out to the mailbox to see her drive by. I yelled her name and she backed up and into my driveway. I showed her the card because I didn’t have it put together. I had to run into the house for taping the envelope and again for another stamp because we decided that it needed more postage.

I hope you were able to craft today and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: