Friday, October 08, 2021

Floral Friday Sunflower Tag card and older SU Sunflower stamp card

The tag for this card is an upcycle. It was made by a family member named Dawn and it was given to Grandma LaFrate in 2016 (I think-SMH. I thought I took a picture of the back so I would be able to reference it. I can't find it.)


So all I did was ink the Provo Craft patterned paper with distress ink,
Heat embossed the sentiment stamp by Forever in Time, inked it, and punched it out. 
The circle underneath is a Recollections journal box. I used a Spellbinders die to cut it out and then inked it. The first time I inked it in Vintage Photo and I did;t like it, I flipped it over and inked it with Peeled Paint.
The sentiment is on Zots 3D dot thingy's that I fought with and won't use them again for a circle punch. I thought that since they were round that would work better than the square dimensional adhesive. Not so much. It looks warped. Oh well.

This next card was also made by Dawn. I took the top of this handmade card and cut off the dirty sides. Then I added the panel onto this store-bought card because it matched so beautifully.
 


The card below uses a very old Stampin Up stamp set and a Close to my Heart sentiment. 


I used perfect pearls on the sunflower. The patterned papers are by Studio G (orange check) and Studio Calico (woodgrain). The die-cut behind the sunflower is by Spellbinders.
Here is a link to the other place I used this same stamp.
Dec 2011 Calendar LO

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You're so clever at recycling Cindy, I look at older cards and think that won't work, but you have proved otherwise.
Faith x

Ali said...

What lovely cards, Cindy! I love that on your cards, the things others took the time to make have a new life. It's a really nice way to honor the craftiness/inspiration/time that someone took to make & share them. :) ~Ali