Monday, November 15, 2021

Manly Monday Yellow Sympathy Cards

I made these for a male colleague whose father passed away. I think they work well for a dude and that's why I'm posting them for Manly Monday. The patterned paper is by K and Co, the Danny O 12x12 double-sided designer paper. I've used it a few times in the Groh Boy Books.
The sympathy stamp on the first card is by Fiskars and it is stamped onto a Spellbinders die cut. The 
sentiment stamp for the card in the center is by  Hero Arts. The sentiment on the left is by Stampendous.





Side note...I hate my indoor setup for taking pictures. I can't get the lighting to capture the true color of my cards. I've searched and watched Youtube videos on how to take photos of crafts with the angle of the camera, the lighting, or lightboxes and never found the right video that worked for me and my area.
Then, I found one lady that I really liked. She was taking pictures of cards and not just crafts. I watched her first and second videos with excitement. But just when she was going to go to the next level, I'm thinking of a third video of what to do... she offers a class to get the rest of the information.
So I go and look up her class price thinking it might be worth it. The class was $65. I might have paid that price but and there's always a but, that $65 was for one section of the class on taking pictures of cards.
Say What?!
After that, I had to give myself a break from watching YouTube videos on taking pictures of my cards. The disappointment of getting nothing out of time spent and wasted was bumming me out.
Here's my example of how I can't get the true color.
This card below was taken in my craft room. It just isn't the same color as the real cards. It is a work in progress and a challenge to conquer.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look.

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the yellow Cindy, I agree work well for men.
Yep! YouTube is the bane of my life so is FB and blogs, I get so engrossed with them all.
Faith x