Monday, June 06, 2016

Manly Monday Hunt, Fish, Camp

Welcome back to Manly Monday. I missed last week due to the holiday but I'm back again this week. The card I'm showing today has been published in a Just Cards magazine.

I stamped the kayak stamp by The Paper Co onto chipboard and cut it out. I ran the chipboard piece with the kraft cardstock (Oriental Trading Co) through my Cuttlebug. This made an indentation just the right size for my kayak stamp to be stamped in. Now if this stamp was a clear stamp it would be easy to stamp the kayak into the space. The stamp I used is a rubber stamp which made stamping in the correct spot very tricky. It took me a couple of tries to get it this close to the edge and I called it good. The ink used for the kayak and paddle are by Hero Arts called Charcoal shadow ink. I inked the edges with distress ink before matting green and brown cardstock behind the image.

The green background paper is by Provo Craft and I wrapped twine around it three times before adhering it to the back of the patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment with Lawn Fawn letter stamps and Stampin Up ink.



Thanks for looking.

1 comment: