Monday, December 12, 2016

Manly Monday Gears Birthday card


Upcycled dude card. See below.
 There's black cardstock as the bottom layer with a grey cardstock (Sunborn) on the left. 

The striped patterned paper is by Basic Grey. 

The sentiment stamp by TPC Studio is on a Spellbinders die cut. Underneath that is a Cricut cut from Art Philosophy that was inked with distress ink. 

The aqua circle cardstock (Bo Bunny) is stamped with a Stampin Up clock stamp with Hero Arts Charcoal ink. 

The gray circle is stamped with a Unity Stamp Co gear stamp with black Hero Arts ink. The grey circle was inked with distress ink and layered onto a black circle.


The inside circle was cut with the Cricut and Art Philosophy with paper by Sunborn. 
The sentiment is by My Stamp Box on Stampin Up gray speck cardstock with Hero Arts black ink.



I needed masculine birthday cards. 
And for whatever reason, I had a huge amount of Father's Day cards in my stash.
 I decided that they needed to be converted into birthday cards. 

Doing so I had to change the inside sentiment which required some dies to cover up the previous sentiment. I included pictures of the inside of the card to show what I did.
This is one of the cards I repurposed.

Thanks for looking.
Updated 7-20-21

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What great masculine cards, especially loved the sentiment on the first card, that would be suitable for male or female LOL I'm going to case that at some time!
Faith
x

MaryH said...

A clever & handsome way to recycle a nice card & it looks awesome. Love the horizontal stripe border and the design is just the thing for a guy card too. TFS