Thursday, December 24, 2020

3 of my favorite Christmas Cards from this year

These are three totally different cards but I like them more than the others I made this year.

This stamp by Close to my Heart is not that long. You have to line it up and stamp it twice. The problem is, the stamp is stained and it’s hard to see. Sometimes it takes a few tries. 

Anyway, I colored them in with some random markers on my desk. The let it snow is ribbon from the dollar store or the dollar bucket at Michael’s. The green paper is from Stampin’ Up! They make such pretty paper.

This next card, the patterned paper is by K and Co. the sentiment is by Hero Arts 

Older crafters probably have a few of those metal stencils in their stash. I think that someone showed me how you can use one of them with a stylus. 

About 5 years ago I was introduced to embossing paste but I haven’t practiced in a while. One day I sat down with embossing paste and stencils and practiced. The last ones I made were my best.

 I found this tag in my stash from that day and wanted to make it stand out. So I heavily inked just the outsides of the tag to make the tree to be the first thing your eyes see.

I stapled a piece of ribbon from my husband's Oma with Tim Holtz Attacher


And this last card,
This is an old Stampin Up Christmas tree stamp. Stamped in olive and I trimmed it closer to size. The die-cut behind the tree is unknown but I do know the paper is by Fancy Pants.
I punched out 2 squares of the silver paper by CM. They don't sell it anymore, Ugh!
Then I cut the squares in half to put on the corners. The star is a button with embroidery tread tangled inside of it.


Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty cards!
Merry Christmas!
have a great day!
Marilyn💖

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are beautiful Cindy.
Happy Christmas
Faith x