Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentine's Day Cards



I die-cut some more Valentine's Day cards using my Cricut.
This one was easy. I cut it out, inked the background paper, and glued it back together.



On this purple card, I used too much glue and it seeped out the side. I had to fix it by gluing a heart on top of the problem.


For the Love Struck Card, I stamped a background stamp onto the background with Versa Mark ink. I dried it with a heat tool before inking the inside card.


And then there's this one. Ugh!!
When I glued the sides down there was a lump between the two cardstocks. This is where I rolled my eyes. 
It wouldn't come apart without ripping the paper.
Great!
I cut it down the edges which removed the bulge between the card and the inked background. 
Everything was wonderful and
So I stamped the inside sentiment with black ink and when 
I lifted that stamp off the card base and the card fells backwards onto the black ink pad.
Enter four letter words.
OMGoodness! Really? 
Screw It! and I sent it out anyway. The little boy will be more into the stickers and maybe doing that with his hands than the card's F-up. The black on the wrist kind of looks like a bracelet.


The kicker...The mail lady didn't grab all of the cards I had put in my mailbox for pick up.
Sigh...
Sometimes you just can't win.

Time to wash my hands and move onto the next project.




Thanks for looking

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Loved your story, you can't win 'em all and we all have it don't we, I stuck a corner of an insert to the main card today, just about saved it after doing a lot of work on the card, it would have been unsaveable otherwise.
These are great cards and each would have been received with love I'm sure.
Faith x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful creations with cut out silhouette looks. Like how you corrected the oops and I have been there done that where I mess up and send out anyway. I have 3 Valentine's I mailed out that have not arrived to destinations and today, Mon, is a holiday. Good job on your creativity & use of Cricut.
Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Dorlene Durham said...

Don’t you love how much you can do with the Cricut?! All of these cards are fabulous! Thank you for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge site. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Denise S. said...

All are cute and I am sure he won't notice the mark nearly as much as you did. I had just finished coloring an image for my dad's birthday card when I dropped a red marker on it. And yes, words I don't use came out of my mouth, lol. All is good and thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Caroline said...

Thanks for sharing about your "mess up". Believe me, we all certainly have those days. The good thing about crafting is that you can fix it or alter it. Cute cards! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Cindy, love these! the purple one is great! at first glance I didn't see the mistake-great coverup! I have made the love struck and hands before...all great images. Thank you again for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2.

Alicia