Sunday, August 23, 2020

1969 Pocket Page and Scrapbook Layout with brick background

Typing up layout posts are more time consuming compared to card posts. 
I can't guarantee everything is worded correctly. Idk...

The date die-cut was cut out with my Cricut 
The patterned papers for the first page are by Papertrey Ink, Recollections brick paper, and Oriental Trading Co.that I had tried some mixed media with paint and ended up not liking it. So I flipped it over and used the other side for the bottom row.
I typed out the labels and then circled them with a CM pen. 
I added epoxy dots from Basic Grey, here and there to add some of the matching orange colors that are on the next page.


The brick pattern was cut out with my Cricut and backed with scraps I had in my stash
The bottom right cardstock was dry embossed with a Fiskars plate. 
Bottom left paper is by Provo Craft (really old)
Some patterned papers look like real live bricks. Those are from Michael's/ Recollections
I used stamps by Lawn Fawn for the label



If I understand correctly, my husband's grandfather was a bricklayer and builder
He bought an undeveloped street in Detroit where he built houses to flip. 
 Oma and Opa would move into one house until it was bought
I think that's how it went.
Anyway,
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hi Cindy! I really think your pocket pages are the greatest thing for your family photo collections! WOW. So much info, history, so many sweet faces. Love the way u outlined the typed info labels. I remember Papertrey- you have a few treasures in your scrap bin! Neat info abt Opa being a brick-layer and house flipper he was before his time- ppl do this kinda thing now- and have reality shows on TV abt it!! LOL ;) The family must SO treasure these LOs. :) Loved the bricks you made on the cricut... neat that you found great papers to fill them in with! Chat again soon, keep up the great work for your family history photos. LOVE this project! ~Ali