Thursday, August 27, 2020

1967 brick numbering layout

Here’s another layout for the family album.
I cut the oval out with my Creative Memories cutting system out of white cardstock. 
The red patterned paper on the left is by Deja Views 
The brick dry embossed background paper is by Craft Smith (Michael’s)
The manufacturer of the brick numbers was torn off.

I used my Cricut to cut out the floral die-cut and the layered rectangle with rounded edges.
I cut the floral die-cut out of off-white cardstock and used distress ink and distress oxide to give it color.
Afterward, I gave it a spritz of Ranger’s gold mist. I love the way it makes everything sparkle and how it gives the leaves a little bit of mottling. (That’s a new word Ali taught me;)

These pictures were my inspiration for the gnome card.
The flowers in the background look like they’re being held up by a lattice
The other thing for the card was the brick flower box



Here is a link to the gnome card

Thank you for looking.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty layout!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Ali said...

Hi Cindy! :) love this addition to your project- I will say it again-- how blessed your family is to 1) have all these photos, and 2) to have YOU to creatively make pages that are then shared with the family!
I just love the floral embellie you made with your cricut- it, in a way, closely mimics some of the leaves and blooms in the shrubbery behind the ppl in the photos! LOVE the colour you chose for the berries! Also- love the gold misting, I have never tried that. WTG, another great job. Your page's "mood and feel" mimics the timeframe of the photos: very well done. ~ Ali

Alanna said...

Hi Cindy. What a great layout. It's so refreshing to stop by a blog and see a scrapbook layout.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I echo that the feel is definitely the 60's, I got married in 1966 so I know LOL. Love your layout and the floral die cut, a beautiful layout and memories.
Faith x