Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Gnome Card and 100th birthday banner

I made this card and banner for our grandma’s 100th birthday. 

There was a lot of time making this card. The gnome is a Cricut cut in my stash.
The gnome is an inside family joke
Edited-I did look it up and the gnome is from the cartridge Fresh Picked.

 The brick paper is from Recollections and looks like real brick. 
I made the grass paper from scraps. I inked them with distress ink and cut slits in the top. 
I used dimensional adhesives to give the grass multiple layers. 
The mushroom and flower are stickers by K and Co. 
The lattice on the left was inspired by the heritage photos I'm scrapping.
 I took a vine-like ribbon and weaved it into the lattice die-cut by Cricut. 

That ribbon has been in my stash for probably 5 years

The flowers on the vine were made with a punch from Marvy.
 It felt good to use a lot of old supplies. And have it come out so cute. 

I hadn't been entering challenges but have recently found a few blogs I like. This card is perfect for the summer fun challenge at:










I hoped Siri was correct. I stamped out those numbers. I love how it turned out.


Thanks for looking

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute card! Love the gnome and brick paper
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a SUPER make and card Cindy, I love the Gnome and the super background.
Faith x

Caroline said...

This is definitely a very cute card. I love the garden gnome and all the other fun elements! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

moknowsall said...

Wow. A special card for a 100 year old celebration. I can see all the work that went into this creation. The lattice is a great idea. Thanks for sharing at Bitten by the Bug2.

Scrapping Girl said...

How adorable and fun your card is!!!!! And what an occasion to celebrate-100 years!!!!! The gnome is darling, but my favorite part of the card is the lattice with the ribbon and flowers! Love how you incorporated older things from the stash and made something so personal and cute for your Grandma! So glad you joined our BBTB2 challenge this week!
:)
Michelle

Denise S. said...

So fun and cute. 100 is a great milestone and making a special card is wonderful. Thanks for joining the Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.

Dorlene Durham said...

Wow! Happy birthday to your grandmother. Great reason to celebrate. That gnome card is so cute! I love that gnome cut and those bricks are so realistic. Great job! Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2!

Ali said...

OH Cindy! This is INSPIRED. Love love LOVE the banner with the times on it-- how SPECIAL. The card, well, girl, you outdid yourself! It must have taken you ages! Your grandma must be a very special lady, bless her heart 100 years! WOW!HAPPY BIRTHDAY Grandma!! ~ Ali :)

Golden Goddess Designs said...

100! wow! and this card is amazing!! I have a thing for gnomes and shrooms. The trellis is the perfect touch! thank you for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2. We would love to see you for our current challenge~Use a watermelon. good luck!

Alicia