Saturday, January 23, 2021

Spring Colored Flower Up-Cycled card



-BEFORE YOU LOOK AT THE PICTURES, READ THIS FIRST QUESTION-

What is the first thing that stands out to you when looking at each picture of the same card?

-OKAY, ON WITH SHOW-
We have a few months until we can say, "Spring is in the air" and that's okay. The reason we live in Michigan is for the change in seasons. 
 
In the months to come, things will get brighter and brighter which leads me to this card.
This card is soft and light, except for the orange paper, which I think that bright orange brings your attention to the flower. 

What I like about this flower picture, besides the beautiful colors is, that it demonstrates where the light comes from and where you see the shadows. That's where the orange comes in. It leads your eyes to the lower-left corner of the flower but then that leads you to look at the rest of the image.

 It's also a great example of how using shading can enhance the images that you color with Copics or whatever you color with. 

I was going to delete one of the photos but I liked the way that it showed how even the angle in which you take your pictures can affect the way your cards are viewed and where your eyes go to first. That can be a big deal if you're trying to sell something that's on your card. 

The first photo supports my theory of where the light comes from accents differently compared to the second photo where the view is straight on.
That's why I asked the question before you look at the pictures.

Well, I didn't add a sentiment to the front of the card so I could use this card for just about anything.
I can see it as a TOY (thinking of you) or sympathy card but it would fit for a get well or even a birthday card.






Babbling:
There is one pleasant thing around this time of year, we are gaining daylight every single day. We noticed that we do not have to put our outside lights on until after 6:00. Good because our electric bill was way more than last year. 

Silly thing-I pay that bill and when the notice came, I was not happy. I tore off the bottom portion and placed it on hubby's counter with numbers from last year and those from this year. At the end of those facts, I put a nice note saying we have to work on turning off lights when we leave a room or are not going back downstairs. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful image to demonstrate your explanation of light. We in the UK are also gaining light, it makes such a difference doesn't it? Even waking up to lighter mornings makes me feel better!.
Keep safe
Faith x

Ali said...

What a beautiful card! That floral image is stunning. That card would be useful on ANY occasion, including Sympathy, I think. It is a hopeful card, and looks "caring". Yes, here in Nova Scotia, we are seeing longer days seemingly every single day as well.
I remember a quote I read one time... no idea to whom AI ought to attribute it. It said "I am so glad I live in a place where there are seasons." Loved it! Also enjoy the posts where you think aloud. It is most decidedly not "babbling". Be kind to yourself! ;) Stay well!!~Ali