Friday, January 29, 2021

Intricate Cricut Love card

This whole card was cut out using my Cricut.
For whatever reason, I chose a patterned paper is by Die Cuts with a View to go under the word and it was too busy. 

So to easily fix this busy paper, I took the black soot distress ink pad and rubbed it all over the pattern paper to make it all black. 
Isn’t it pretty?
And problem solved, right?

No. Rubbing the ink pad onto the paper created a new problem. See below. 

Pictures outside are so much better. 




Something to consider, this card doesn't stand up very well.


When I did my inking the paper with the black soot ink, the other side of the paper swirled around on the slippery paper underneath it and proceeded to give the inside of the die cut this black ink unique pattern.
I forgot to take a picture before the added stamped background. 
Pretend you don't see the yellow pattern.

That caught me off guard. Like, crapola-now what do I do?
Here’s what I did, I stamped it with an old Stampin Up background stamp that has hearts on it.
It didn't cure the problem but didn't make it worse so I'm going with it.





I honestly don’t have a purpose for this card.
I would think wedding but I may stretch it and use it as an anniversary card. 

Thanks for looking

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's a very pretty card inside and out Cindy. The only thing I can think of to help a card like this to stand, is heavier paper or even cartridge card?
Faith x