Monday, May 03, 2021

Manly Monday Run for Hamburgers Card


I made this card for my BIL thanking him for all of the wonderful things he does for us. He liked it.

I wanted this to be more than just a Cricut cut out card. A break out of the norm. 

Then I remembered that for whatever reason, I had these scraps of photo paper sitting around.
So, I used them with alcohol inks and made my own tan paper to go behind the burger buns and a brown for the burger patty.
Nobody’s going to know that or care but I enjoyed the change in creativity that came to mind. 

The food stickers are by Mrs. Grossmans

The die-cut is an intentional negative Cricut cut. I put white scraps of paper behind the sentiments.

The cookie patterned paper is by The Paper Studio 



I’m determined to use the stuff in my craft room. 
I bought it for a reason and maybe that reason has changed or the products are out of style but the bottom line is, if I’m not going to use it, then I need to get rid of it. 
These food stickers have been in my stash for probably 10 years. They are corny but I rather like how they give a reason to the cookie background paper.

Thanks for looking

No comments: